Outdoor Activities in Victoria, Waconia & Greater Carver County
It’s August 3 and summer is two-thirds over! It’s time to make the most of what’s left. There’s a lot to do that’s close to you, right here in Victoria, Waconia and greater Carver County. Here are some ideas to get you going (literally):
- See an outdoor movie
Enjoy Toy Story on August 19 at Movies in the Park, Victoria Lions Park, movies begin at dusk
- Walk your dog ─ to Yappy Hour
─ A cocktail party for canines (and their companions) Thursday, August 4, 5:30 – 7:30 at Victoria Lions Park, Ice Rink near the playground
- Stargaze at a Star Party
Head to Eagle Lake Observatory in Carver County Baylor Regional Park, August 20, 27 or September 10.
- Catch a Concert in the Park
Relax and enjoy at the Charlson Thun Community Bandstand in Victoria
August 3, 9, 10 & 31
- Soak up some sun
Local lakes abound – pick one and go fishing, boating, swimming or sunning
- Experience the historic 105th annual Carver County Fair
Wednesday, August 10 through Sunday, August 14, Carver County Fairgrounds in Waconia. Admission is $8, kids 6 & under are free.
- Explore the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum for FREE on August 19─ IF you’re a Carver County resident ─ it’s Chanhassen/Carver County Day from 8 a.m. to sunset. Walk the grounds, immerse yourself in the peaceful green environment and enjoy David Gardner’s Big Bugs and Savage Gardens art installations.
NOTE: Admission is also free on the 3rd Monday of every month from noon to 6 p.m. through October.
- Celebrate community at Victoria’s Volksfest
August 19-21; Featuring live music daily, kids games on Friday & Saturday, Craft Fair & Business Expo, Veterans 5K Fun Run, & Fireworks Saturday at Dusk
- Snag a snooze (in a hammock that is)
─ or at least take a break outside to read and relax
(my personal favorite outdoor activity!)
- Savor a sunset