11 Steps to Buying a Home
If you are a first-time home buyer, you may not know the steps involved in buying a home or where to begin. Don’t worry ─ that’s only natural. Every first-time buyer feels overwhelmed in the beginning. Help is available, however, in The 2016 Home Buying Guide by Brandon Cornett. The FREE 100 page e-book was created with first-time home buyers in mind, but even experienced home buyers will find it useful.
The 2016 Home Buying Guide divides the home buying process into 11 steps, making it easy to understand. While the process can vary from one home buyer to the next, it usually follows a certain sequence. Taking a few preliminary steps can help you become a well informed and well prepared home buyer. Here are the 11 steps covered in the book:
- Start saving money for your home buying expenses, which can be as little as 3% of the purchase price.
- Establish your housing budget.
- Review your credit reports and scores.
- Decide which type of home loan works best for you.
- Shop for a mortgage and get pre-approved.
Bob Strandell of Bell Mortgage is a great resource for mortgage information.
- Find a real estate agent.
Need a local expert to help you find your dream home? Contact John Wichmann at JW Real Estate Group.
- Start shopping for a house.
- Make an offer to buy a house / negotiate with the seller.
- Have the home inspected.
- Get home insurance.
Laura O’Neill of Cornerstone Insurance Agency can help you find the home insurance coverage that’s right for you.
- Close the deal and get your keys!