Local Venues Offer Gift Ideas for Memories that Last
Need some fresh gift ideas this Christmas? We all have more stuff than we need, so this year, why not give something that won’t fit in a box with a bow? Consider giving your loved ones the gift of an experience at a local venue here in Carver County. Giving the gift of play, the gift of the outdoors, or the gift of a family outing is a gift guaranteed to create memories that last.
Here are some gift ideas for experiences that bring joy long after the holidays are a thing of the past:
- Give the gift of play at Deer Run Golf Club and take advantage of the Deer Run Golf Club Holiday Special, available for purchase until December 20. Purchase tickets for a Dynamic Duo (2 rounds of golf plus cart), a Festive Foursome (4 rounds of golf plus carts) or a Get your Group On (8 rounds of golf plus carts). Holiday passes can be purchased online or at the Christmas Sale this Saturday, December 3, from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. Stop by and enjoy Christmas cookies, beverages and the added benefit of 50% of all merchandise (to go along with your holiday pass of course)!
- Give the gift of the outdoors with a membership at the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum.
If your gift is for a dog lover who already has an Arboretum membership, consider the gift of a “dog added” membership. For $50, 2 dogs can be admitted to the 65 acre on-leash dog trail.
- Give the gift of an evening out to the Bruce Munro – Winter Light at the Arboretum exhibit, Thursdays through Sundays, from 7 p.m. until 10 p.m. Sweet snacks, light bites and beverages are available up to 30 minutes before closing each night. You can sip and stroll through the five outdoor installations, or warm up inside with a glass of wine and appetizers, then tour the indoor exhibit along with digital animations and prints in the MacMillan Auditorium. The exhibit includes installations based off of The Chronicles of Narnia book series. Advanced tickets can be purchased at munrowinterlightmn.org.
- Give the gift of entertainment – with a gift card to the Chanhassen Dinner Theater. Dinner theater gift cards are “good for everything from concerts to camps to Camelot and more!” Camelot is playing through February 25, and Grease will be featured starting March 3 through September 23.
- Give the gift of pampering at Salon Spatoria in Victoria – a gift card allows the recipient to choose from a variety of services that range from massages and facials to hair styling, spa manicures or pedicures and more. There’s even a gentleman’s facial if you want to pamper a special man in your life!
- Give the gift of a Princely tour of Paisley Park in Chanhassen. Prince’s extraordinary private estate and production complex opened for tours in August and tickets are now on sale for tours through March 31, 2017. Tickets are only available online and start at $38.50 (plus an additional service fee). VIP tours are available for $100, and starting December 4, a Sunday Brunch experience will be included in the VIP tour.
- Paisley Park after Dark opens December 2, when guests can enjoy a general admission tour in addition to a dance party on Friday nights and Prince movies and rare performance footage on Saturday evenings.
- Celebration 2017 is an extravagant option for any extremely serious Prince fans on your gift list. The four day special event, April 20 – 23, 2017, will honor the life and legacy of Prince on the anniversary of his passing. General admission passes are $499; VIP passes are $999. Both passes include up to five hours of event programming each day on all four days, in addition to access to panel discussions, guided tours and more.
- Give the gift of a family outing with a Candlelit Ski and Dog Sled event offered at Baylor Regional Park by the Carver County Parks system. Two dates are available: either January 21st or February 11th from 6 – 9 p.m. The all inclusive cost for a family of 4 is $50. For more information call 952-466-5250.