Twin Cities Holiday Events
Help Create Holiday Memories
Twin Cities holiday events offer a variety of ways to get in the holiday spirit. If you’re looking for different ways to celebrate the season, local options abound!
Southwest Metro Holiday Events:
- “Folkways of the Holidays” at The Landing – Minnesota Heritage Park in Shakopee; experience 19th century cultural traditions, enjoy horse-drawn trolley rides amid candlelit homes and enjoy folk art and live music. Saturdays and Sundays through December 18.
- Westwood Christmas Concert, The Sounds of Christmas – Westwood Community Church, Friday, December 9 at 7 pm and Saturday, December 10 at 5 pm and 7 pm; featuring comedian Bob Stromberg, guest artist Joel Hanson, the Westwood Choir and Orchestra and the Kids’ Choir
- The Nutcracker, presented by River Valley Dance Academy – Watertown-Mayer Performing Arts Center, Sunday, December 11, 3 pm and 6 pm; call 952-368-2300 for information.
- Minnesota Adult & Teen Challenge Annual Christmas Concert – Grace Church, Saturday, December 17 at 7 pm and Sunday, December 18 at 3 pm; featuring guest soloist Francesca Battistelli, hear 350 clients share stories and songs of hope.
- Rock & Roll Christmas Show – Chanhassen Dinner Theater, December 8 -11; most shows are sold out, but there are limited tickets available tonight and Friday, December 9.
- Holiday Concert Series – Chanhassen Dinner Theater, a variety of concert options throughout December; concerts include Christmas Together with Steven C & Friends, At Christmas featuring Mick Sterling, Home for the Holidays – a Kat Perkins Christmas, A Three Tenors Christmas, Celtic Holiday Hooley and An Andy and Bing Christmas.
Greater Twin Cities Holiday Events:
- Mary Beth Carlson Christmas Concert – Michael’s Lutheran Church, Bloomington, Friday, December 9 at 7 pm; featuring Guest Vocalist Patty Peterson, Orchestral Ensemble and The Trones Family, Vocalists
- Christmas with Amy Grant and Michael W. Smith – Target Center, Saturday, December 10, 7 p.m.
- Twin Cities Ballet: “A Minnesota Nutcracker,” – Ames Center in Burnsville, December 9 – 11, various times.
- A Christmas Carol – Guthrie Theater, through December 30; enjoy the Guthrie’s perennial favorite holiday tradition, now in its 42nd year.
- Irving Berlin’s White Christmas – Ordway Theater, December 8 – 31; based on the timeless film starring Bing Crosby, Danny Kaye and Rosemary Clooney, this sparkling musical is the most requested show in the history of the Ordway. In the spirit of the holiday season, the Ordway is collecting mittens, hats and other winter accessories to donate to the organization Hats & Mittens, which distributes warm accessories to children in the Twin Cities who need them.
- Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer: The Musical™ – Stages Theatre Company, through December 28; suitable for all ages, this one hour show based on the animated television special is the perfect family event.
- Holidazzle – Loring Park, Thursdays through Sundays, November 25 – December 23; experience downtown Minneapolis’ premier FREE holiday celebration; food, beverages and gifts are available on site. Enjoy a carriage ride, movie nights, a kids’ zone, fireworks, an interactive art display and perhaps even meet Santa. Find Santa’s schedule here and more.
- The Minnesota Orchestra Holiday Concerts – Orchestra Hall, various dates throughout December; featuring a wide range of concerts that include Jingle Bell Doc with Doc Severinsen, It’s a Wonderful Life in Concert, The Midtown Men Holiday Show (Broadway’s Jersey Boys) and An Evening with George Winston.